You must submit your actual signed passport, including one copy of the personal information page of your passport. Your passport must:


  • Have at least six months of validity left beyond your intended stay in the visiting countries.
  • Have at least two blank Visa pages side by side (amendments and endorsement pages cannot be used to fulfill this requirement)
  • Not be frayed, torn, separating, or altered in any other way.




Submit two professional color passport photo. Snapshot, photocopy or computer generated picture will not be accepted. Photo requirements:

  • Photo size should measure 2″ x 2″. Leave the photo loose.
  • Photo should be taken within six months to reflect your current appearance.
  • Photo must include clear frontal view of full face, both ears, neck and upper shoulders.
  • Photo should be printed in color on either matte or glossy photo paper and has not been altered in any way.
  • Photo must be clear. Blurry, underexposed, overexposed and low quality photos are not accepted.
  • Background of photo must be white, with no shadows over the face or the background.
  • Facial expression must be neutral with eyes open and all the facial features should be clearly visible.
  • Do not smile in photo.
  • Do not wear eyeglasses in photo.
  • Proper attire, Hats or head covering are only allowed if worn for religious reasons and if they do not obscure any facial features.




Click here to provide the Application form


You must provide one completed copy of the visa application form found in this kit. The application form must:

  • Be typed (no handwritten forms will be accepted)
  • Be printed single-sided
  • Include answers for all fields
  • Display your full name as it appears in your passport
  • Be signed



Invitation Letter:


The organization or person you will be visiting is responsible for obtaining the invitation from the local Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The letter must:


  • Specifically request a ‘Z’ visa, include the dates and length of your stay.
  • Include your name as printed your passport



Chinese Labor Ministry Documentation:


You must provide a “Work Permit for Aliens” issued by the Chinese Labor Ministry or a “Foreign Experts License” issued by the Chinese Foreign Expert Bureau.


Company Profile and Employment Letter:


If you are currently employed you must provide a brief profile of your company and a job description. This informal, one-paragraph letter should offer a short description of your company as well as list your job title and brief explanation of your job. This letter is not required to be printed on company letterhead.


Proof of Jurisdiction:


  • Submit a photocopy of your valid driver’s license showing your home address as it appears on your visa application form (front and back) as proof of jurisdiction.
  • If you are submitting a utility bill, only electric, gas, or a water bill will be accepted; phone and cable bills are not accepted







If you are a former PRC passport holder or were born in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macao:

  • You must write your name in Chinese characters for question 1.2 on the visa application form.
  • You must present copies of any previously issued China visas in your current or expired passport, as well as the expired passport


If you have never been issued a China visa you must submit your original passport and birth certificate showing your name in Chinese characters


If you are a minor who was adopted from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Macao you must also include your original adoption papers and a copy

of them as well If applicable, include a copy of your naturalization papers and U.S. birth certificate.


The Chinese Consulate may request an additional form for first time visa applicants.





If you are requesting your China visa to be issued on your second passport, the Consulate of China in Houston requires you to submit both of your Passports, visa will not be granted otherwise.





 Travelers who have previously held a visa for China must submit a copy of the previous visa and a copy of the passport containing that visa.

If you have a valid China visa in an expired passport, you must submit the expired passport along with your current passport.




If you are a government employee, you must submit a job description letter from your employer with your visa application. For example, if you work for a local fire or police department, then you must submit a letter from the fire or police department. All letters must display your full name and be written on an official letterhead for the specific department or agency that you work for.


Non-Us Passport Holder:


Please provide copy of your U.S Immigration Status.


 Orbit Visas Order Form:


Click here to provide Orbit Visas order form.


Consulate and Orbit Visas Service Fees per passport:

 NOTE: US citizen consular fee is $140

Single Entry 4 BUSINESS DAYS $30 $140
Double Entries 4 BUSINESS DAYS $45 $140
Multiple Entries for 6 Months 4 BUSINESS DAYS $60 $140
Multiple Entries for 12 Months or more 4 BUSINESS DAYS $90 $140



Processing Time:


  • 4 Business days processing time.
  • Processing time commences from the day the application has been submitted to the consulate. Weekends, consulate scheduled holidays, and mailing do not count as a processing day.



Please send the required documents via a traceable service such as FedEx or UPS to:


Orbit Visas

Attn: Visa and passport processing

5959 Westheimer Road, Suite 216

Houston, Texas 77057

Phone: (713) 750-9716