Visa exempt for a stay of up to 24 hours. The traveler must:
- Hold a passport valid for period of intended stay with one blank visa page
- Not transit Yanji (YNJ)
- Hold proof of sufficient funds
- Hold proof of onward/return flights
- Hold all documents required for the next destination
- Hold visa for next country where applicable
- Confirm with their airline that boarding will be permitted without a visa
Please note individuals attempting to transit through Tianjin (TSN), Weihai (WEH), Wuhan (WUH), Xi An (XIY), or Zhengzhou (CGO) must check with their airline that transiting is permitted.
EXTENDED STAY TRANSIT REQUIREMENTS
Travelers to China may be permitted to transit without a visa through the cities of Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Guilin, Hangzhou, Harbin,
Kunming, Nanjing, Shanghai, Shenyang, Tianjing, Wuhan, Xian and Xiamen only. Please note that severe restrictions apply and travelers on this program must register with the police within 24 hours of arrival. If interested in pursuing this option it is recommended that you review your potential eligibility with the embassy and confirm that boarding without a visa is permitted by your airline.
The Embassy of China advises that travelers who violate any of the Transit Without Visa regulations will be banned from entering China in the future.