Kenya E-visa Information
What is the E-Visa Kenya?
The Republic of Kenya E-Visa is an electronic authorization from the Government issued in PDF format. It is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in the passport. The E-Visa is an entry requirement to travel to and within Kenya for any of the following reasons:
Anyone travelling to Kenya is required to present a visa at the port of entry. Minors aged 15 and under do not require a visa to enter Kenya.
E-Visa Kenya Instructions:
- The E-Visa Kenya is a single-entry visa.
- The E-Visa once issued is valid for ninety (90) days.
- E-Visa holders may remain in the Republic of Kenya for a maximum of ninety (90) consecutive days after the initial entry date.
- Once the first 90 days have passed, visitors may renew their visa at the immigration headquarters in Nairobi, and stay an extra 90 days.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of arrival and it must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control officer to place the entry and exit stamps.
- All applicants must have an individual passport regardless of age.
- Applicants are required to carry a copy of their E-Visa at all times during their stay.
- E-Visa holders are required provide their travel itinerary on arrival, e.g.; hotel bookings, invitation letter for business or family visits.
- A scanned color copy of the of the biographical page of the applicant’s current passport.
- Recent passport-style color photo:
- Photograph dimensions should be 5.5cm x 5.5cm.
- The head should be centered in the photo and cover about 70% of the photo.
- It must show a full, clear, and front view of the applicants face.
- Must have a white background.
- Head should be, unretouched, centered and in focus.
- Applicant’s head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin.
- The photograph must be recent, no more than 6 months old.
- All hats or headgear should be removed for the photo unless worn daily for religious reasons. In such cases your facial features (eyes, nose and mouth) must be visible in the photograph.
- Applicant’s expression should be natural, with both eyes open, closed mouth, and looking directly ahead.
- Scanned or color photocopies of your passport photo will not be accepted.
- A proof of travel, such as a confirmation email from hotel reservation, flight confirmation, invitation letter or travel itinerary.
- Business Cover letter if you are applying for business visa from a US. Based Company.
Travelers Aged 15 and Under – Visa Exempt
Minors aged 15 and under do not need a visa to travel to Kenya for tourism. If they would like to obtain a visa, one can only be processed through the Embassy of Kenya in Washington DC and is subject to the normal consular fee for the issuance of a visa.
Entry Requirements for the Republic of Kenya
Applicants must travel to Kenya with the following documents:
- A valid passport valid at least 6 months on entry with two blank visa pages.
- Proof of return/onward ticket.
- Proof of hotel confirmation.
- Print of E-Visa confirmation.
Citizens of the countries listed below are eligible for the E-Visa for the Republic of Kenya:
|Andorra||United Arab Emirates||Antigua and Barbuda||Albania||Angola|
|Argentina||Austria||Australia||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Bangladesh|
|Congo, The Democratic Republic of the||Central African Republic||Congo||Switzerland||Cote D’Ivoire|
|Cape Verde||Czech Republic||Germany||Djibouti||Denmark|
|Spain||Finland||Micronesia, Federated States of||France||Gabon|
|United Kingdom||Georgia||Greenland||Guinea||Equatorial Guinea|
|Ireland||Israel||India||Iran, Islamic Republic of||Iceland|
|Comoros||Korea, Republic of||Kuwait||Kazakhstan||Lao People’s Democratic Republic|
|Latvia||Morocco||Monaco||Moldova, Republic of||Montenegro|
|Serbia||Russian Federation||Saudi Arabia||Sudan||Sweden|
|Slovenia||Slovakia||Suriname||South Sudan||Sao Tome and Principe|
|United States||Uruguay||Uzbekistan||Vatican City||Venezuela|
Vaccinations: Some Countries may require vaccinations if your point of departure is from a country deemed a health risk. Please go to: http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/contentVaccinations.aspx for the health requirements for each segment of your trip.
Non-Us Passport Holder:
- Please provide copy of your U.S Immigration Status.
Visa Application Form:
You must provide one completed copy of the visa application form found in this kit. The application form must:
- Include answers for all fields
- Display your full name as it appears in your passport
Government fees are the cost of your Visa application
Processing Time and Orbit Visas service fee:
3-5 Days processing time $75.00